MiniVend Akopia Services

Re: SSL question and also the use of "scan"

It really depends on your server setup. But the key thing is that all
stuff you want users to interact with securely should be inside of the
SSL directory. The minivend backend doesn't need to be in those places,
because your users will interact with the CGI in the secure area, not
the backend.

Quick "diagram" that might help

USER talks to WEB SERVER talks to CGI (vlink, tlink, whatever) talks to
MV BACKEND
    --SECURE--		--INTERNAL--			      --INTERNAL--

In my experience, I find it easiest to make the SSL and the cleartext
httpd's to point to the same places. I set up my cart and get things
working, then turn it over to SSL.

Liz wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Liz <daldog@earthlink.net>     ******
>
> Hi folks,
>
> 1)...  Which MiniVend files are suppose to be in my SSL directory??
>
> In order to use secure server processing of an order form, any file(s)
> located in my designated SSL directory ( .../myname/public_html.ssl ) will
> work with a https:// type URL.  BUT...my https:// URL is different for all
> SSL operations than my domain name, even though my SSL files/scripts and
> regular files/scripts are located within my main directory structure.  For
> instance....
> My MiniVend's regular URL is:  http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/
> Secure server URL is: https://secure.otherdomain.com/~mydomain/
>
> 2)...  Don't know what the letter mean these examples (taken from
> "index.html"):
> <A HREF="[area scan
>       st=glimpse
>       sf=artist
>       se=[loop-field artist]
>   ]">
> ....and also....
> <A HREF="[area scan
>      dl=[loop-field category]
>      di=category
>      df=yes
>   ]">
>
>   What do the following letters mean for "scan"?
>     st, sf, se, dl, de, df
>
> Also...is there another MiniVend tutorial or other information online,
> besides what's located at www.minivend.com??
>
> Thanks a mil in advance!
> Liz
> -
> To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
> email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
> Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: