MiniVend Akopia Services

A few questions...

I have my first shopping cart ALMOST finished...

The final task is to write the bit of code that will send the user off to a credit card VT on
another server (client's preference).

The VT is hosted on Total Merchant Services, and I need to get all of the items from my shopping
cart into oddly named form variables.

I came up with a neat method to do this, which involved code similar to this snippet:

[perl interpolate="1"]

[item-list]
*a bit of code which set some variables I could reference outside the item-list construct*
[/item-list]

*more various code*

[/perl]

When I tried to run this inside the last checkout page (one I wrote myself called wizard3.html), I
got an error from Safe in my home/mvend/error.log file.

Looking over the code snippet it provided in the error.log, I noticed that the [item-list] tag had
not been fleshed out.

Is there a way to reference all the attributes of the shopping cart items inside a [perl]
construct?  I have seen reference various times to things like $Safe::Session and the like, but
have avsolutely no understanding of how they work, and can find no help in the documentation.

Thanks...
---
Trevor Garside
Actaeon West, Inc.