MiniVend Akopia Services

User contributions (shipping from Non-US countries)

G'day Phil,

I wasn't really trying to make more work for Mike, or even being
argumentive... and I hadn't thought of the consequences for those who
do consultation work.

My only "argument" really is that Minivend is set up beautifully for
companies in the US with the UPS shipping zones and rates already
plugged in. For those of us in other countries though, it can take a
lot of effort to change the country.asc file and make local changes in
the shipping.asc file.  And on the flip side, Minivend is already set
up for internationalisation in terms of currency and language. It
seems odd that it should be so favourable to international use in one
way, but not when it comes to shipping (which relies on local
information).  For the record, I'm an American by birth but Aussie by
choice, so I do understand both sides of the coin.

My time converting the country.asc file did prove interesting as it
turns out that there are more countries we can ship to from Australia
than from US (this was something I didn't anticipate).  Plus while
checking on restrictions, I learned that you can't send playing cards
to Togo. (I guess they don't play "Go" there). :-)

I'll archive my changed files as soon as I've assured myself that they
are viable and I've written a few notes.  One of the other files that
needed changing was the ValidCC.pm file - we have an additional credit
card in Oz called Bankcard that needed to be accomodated for.

Cheers,
Gaelyne

 //\         /\\    Gaelyne R. Gasson        gaelyne@videocam.net.au
|| * \ . . / * ||   90 Hilliers Rd           Phone: +61 8 8322-2716
 \\____\X/____//    Reynella, S.A. 5161      Fax:   +61 8 8387-5810
  / *  /O\  * \     Australia                ICQ:   5069384
  \__/  "  \__/     http://videocam.net.au   http://vcsweb.com
                    C64/128 Support  *  Web Hosting  *  Web Design

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: