MiniVend Akopia Services

Re: [mv] I've installed and re-installed. No dice...HELP!

> I have installed the minivend RPM. Everything appears to be installed
> correct.ly I can access the simple demo's front page using
> localhost.localdomain/simple/ with Netscape and it works. However, when I
> try to enter the store, I get a  TCP error that the network is
> unreachable....the server may be down.  This is NOT a minivend server
> error. This is a Netscape pop-up window error. Also, the lo interface is
> working properly.
>
> I've fought with this problem now for weeks. I even recently removed the
> RPM and reinstalled from the .gz file. It did not make any difference.
>
> Also, other pages I have on my server which run CGI work fine.
>
> I am running:
> RedHat 6.0 install with Apache.
> 2.2.12 Kernel (recently updated but problem also occured with 2.2.5)
> Minivend v3.13

I think my problem has been fixed thanks to your comments regarding the
problems that another fellow on this list was having (Miller McClure). I
originally read his problem, but even though is was quite similier, I felt
that mine was caused by different problems. It was....kinda. Running the
configure script from root worked every time, but I always had to go back
and fix permissions. When I attempted to install as user minivend,
configure would fail. I eventually ran the perl Makefile.pl and that
appears to have been it. Strange eh?

--
Jim Hines
AMDK6-2 400mhz 98mb