MiniVend Akopia Services

Subcatalogs How To?

I have a working large database; 115,000 items. I have created a system
of indexes leading to separate catagories of merchandise. They are
organized in a tree format:

1.group
    2. category
            3. subcategory

the datebases also include serveral information catalogs.

database 1 = indexed descriptions of catagories
database 2 = indexed descriptions of groups
database 3 = indexed descriptions of subcatagories
database 4 = indexed names of manufacturers
database 5 = indexed additional products info, ship wt, platform, more--
database 6 = main products data base that includes indexed links to the
other databases

Can anyone provide pointers on how to integrate all of these into a
single, catalog system. I am currently only using database 6 but want to
use the others to assist my customers in shopping effectively by
allowing the to pick a group from a menu, click to allow picking a
catagory, click to pick a subcatagory, click to select product or info
or purchase.
I have read all of the info and searched the archives but see no info
regarding this particular situation.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: