Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Login Return Page...

******    message to minivend-users from Bill Randle <billr@exgate.tek.com>     ******

Shawn,

I had a similar problem and solved it by adding this somewhere in each page
(usually the top) they can get to login from:
	[value name="myprevpage" set="@@MV_PAGE@@" hide=1]

then in the loginform page, added this:
	<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="[value myprevpage]">

MV4.04 has a history mechanism that could possibly be used also. Mike
mentioned it earlier, but I haven't looked into it at all. In my case,
I potentially had more than one level* to pop out of, so I don't know
if the history stuff would work any way.

	-Bill

* I.e. from some page they could click on "login" which takes them to the
login form, from which if they're a new user, they can click on the
"registration" link. After registration, they get shown a "thanks for
registering page". When they click the OK button on that page, I wanted
to take them back to the page they started from. This is also why just
using @@MV_PREVPAGE@@ wouldn't work for me.

Shawn Butler - Blue Planet Corp wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Shawn Butler - Blue Planet Corp <postmaster@thetechpage.com>     ******
>
> This example still hard codes the return page. I want to go
> back to the original page you logged in at. (product page,
> checkout, anypage)
>
> > [set Login]
> > mv_arg0=function
> > mv_subroutine=userdb
> > [/set]
> >     <FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST>
> >     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_click VALUE=Login>
> >     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_doit  VALUE=return>
> >     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=function  VALUE=new_account>
> >     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE=new_account>
> >         Username[/L]<INPUT NAME=mv_username VALUE="[value mv_username]" IZE=10>
> >         Password[/L]<INPUT TYPE=password NAME=mv_password VALUE="" SIZE=10>
> >         Verify[/L]<INPUT TYPE=password
> >             onChange="document.forms[0].submit()"
> >             NAME=mv_verify VALUE="" SIZE=10>
> >     <INPUT TYPE=image SRC="icon/login.gif" BORDER=0 NAME="Login"></TD></TR>
> >         </FORM>
> >

> This would probably work, but I have too many possible return
> pages to have "if" statements.
>
> > [set NewAccount]
> > [if type=explicit compare="[userdb new_account]"]
> > mv_nextpage=account
> > [else]
> > mv_nextpage=new_account
> > [/else]
> > [/if]
> > [/set]
>
> Has anyone else been able to set the return page from a login
> or logout to the previous page? I am using MV4
>
> Thanks, Shawn
-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: