Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Cyber Cash 3.2.0.6

******    message to minivend-users from "Webmaster" <webmaster@infothai.com>     ******

I worked this problem also, and found that the problem is the changes
put into the 3.2.0.6 version. The encryption/decryption program is
now accessed by IPC call, and there is something in those programs
that will not run under MiniVend as yet. There are two solutions:
back up to an earlier version of Cybercash (3.2.0.5 ?), or start
MiniVend in DEBUG mode (e.g., bin/start -D &). The latter is what
I am doing for now.

Also be aware that you may get some annoyances: (a) zombie processes
from the failed encrypt/decrypt programs, (b) core dumps. All I can
recommend is that you restart MiniVened and monitor for the core dump
files (xxx.core) and clean them up.

Using an earlier version would be cleaner albeit somewhat less secure.

Mike

On Wed, 05 Jul 2000 14:12:54 -0600, Ethan Kennelly wrote:

>******    message to minivend-users from Ethan Kennelly <ekennelly@focuscompanies.com>     ******
>
>Does anyone know what this error means, or how to fix it?
>
>Location: CCMckDirectLib3_2; Message: Encryption failed
>
>-
>To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
>email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
>Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

webmaster@infothai.com
http://www.infothai.com