Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Detailed product info strategies

******    message to minivend-users from Simon B <music@labyrinth.net.au>     ******

cfm@maine.com <cfm@maine.com> kindly wrote:

>We generally strip everything possible out of our products
>db and put details in a second aux db.  "very" detailed information,
>typically specs, would go in another.  You might have a
>field in products (or aux) that keys to the specs table; it is
>very common for one spec to apply to many products.
>
>A category page might need only products, an intermediary might
>look at products joined with aux, and nothing but flypages
>and searches would look at specs.

I have gone the "aux db" route but am having difficulty with
"if" statements. (Note: First field in my arbitary database is the item code)

I can pull arbitary data into a flypage using
[data auxdb::code::[item-code]] no problem.

But "if" statements do not seem to find anything.
I have tried these statements and the "if" always fails:

[if data auxdb::code::[item-code]]
There is additional info in the arbitary database
[/if]

Bubkiss

or

[if data auxdb::code::[item-code]]
There is additional info in the arbitary database
[else]
Bubkiss
[/else]
[if]

nor

[if data auxdb::code]
There is additional info in the arbitary database
[/if]

nor

[set code][item-code][/set]
[if type=data term="auxdb::code::[scratch code]"]
There is extra information.
[else]
No extra information.
[/else]
[/if]

tried also

[if item_data auxdb::about]
Got it
[/if]

How do I check if a field exists in an arbitary database from a flypage?
-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: