Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] dynamic variable names and ifs enigma

******    message to minivend-users from adam@opusvl.com     ******

Hi to the list again...
I have scratch my head over this and feeling kind of stomped :(

exsample of what I am trying to do

--\/---snipet----------

[value name="dynamic_flag" set="3"]
[value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]" set="some text"]

value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]" : [value
name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]"]

[comment]
        so far so good, displays good and correct
[/comment]

[if value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]"]
        value exists
 [else]
        value does not exist
 [/else]
[/if]

--/\---snipet----------

but this is where is fails

it displays that the value does not exist :(

tried some other variations on the if all fail or not correct

[if term="[value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]"]" ]
        --- fails on three levels in :( -- "]"] ---

however

[if !value name="dynamic_var-[value dynamic_flag]"]
        returns only if there is a value
[/if]

returns
	"] returns only if there is a value

works, which is the opposite to what I would expect it to do.

Any help or alternatives, would be greatly appriecated
becuase I feel that dynamic variable names gives MV some serious power

--
<really pointless tag that does nothing>
hmmmm