Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] Using Oracle for the database

******    message to minivend-users from Jason Currell <currell@nettwerk.com>     ******

Has anybody got Minivend working with Oracle?

I've got the DBI and Oracle database driver installed fine.
I can currently run:

	#!/usr/local/bin/perl
	use DBI;
	$connect_type = "dbi:Oracle:nettdev.nettwerk.com";
	$dbh = DBI->connect($connect_type,"username","password");

and it works.  I can get Minivend to work properly using gdbm's.
I'm having trouble getting it to talk to Oracle however.  If anybody
has Oracle running could you send me what you have for database
definitions in your catalog.cfg file???