Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] userdb password encryption

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Barry Treahy, Jr. (Treahy@mmaz.com):

> A quick question, is it possible to have one database encrypted and
> another not?  I've got a user that doesn't want their userdb passwords
> encrypted yet we are running the server for this catalog as encrypted.
> Since I'm running 3.14-5, the docs indicate that MV_NO_CRYPT is a global
> which leads me to believe I'm short on luck...

In 3.xx it is not easy, perhaps not reasonably possible. In 4.x it is,
and that is how Interchange is distributed these days.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.
-