Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] validate your credit card

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Victor Nolton (ven@pragakhan.com):

> this is very odd.
> I have pgp setup (whee) I have minivend setup and working.
>
> Orders come through fine for awhile. then at some point. minivend
> starts telling people they need to validate their credit card info.
>
> yet it works fine for awhile.
>
> when it craps out, I do a restart and it works fine again.
>
> I dont want to have to write a crontab to restart the server every 30 minutes.
>
> Minivend 3.14-6  freebsd 4 pgp 5.0i

Try putting in your crontab:

33 3 * * * touch $HOME/.pgp/randseed.bin

In situations like this you should log PGP errors to a file with something
like "pgp ... 2>/tmp/encrypt.error" -- I am guessing your random seed file
is expiring. Usually this takes over a month -- I do this on every server
because it is not unusual for MV to run a month without stopping. 8-)

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.
-