Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] Cookies SSL and dropping carts and Jojo's patch

******    message to minivend-users from James Johnson <jj@swbell.net>     ******

Hello List,

I have a couple of semi-related problems.

MV 4.04

1.  Dropped carts when using SSL
I have followed ALL the advice given for this problem suggested so far.
Except for the recent code patch suggested by Joachim.  I have reduced
the problem to 'RARE' but it still happens.

This was discussed very recently in the thread entitled:
"Losing the cart/SSL"

What I want to know is: Has it been determined if Joachim's diagnosis
of the problem is correct? If so I will have to try to convince my
virtual host admin to implement the patch (don't hate me Jason ;)  I
certainly don't want to put him through this if it's not the solution.

2.  Cookies

When I use [set-cookie name=MV_PASSWORD value=""] to clear a cookie
and log out a customer, it works fine in IE.  However, in Netscape
4.7x it just DOESN'T set the cookie.  I am not warned (I have warning
turned on) so I assume it is not set, and of course the user is logged
back in the moment he goes to another page.  Like I said IE works...
and I see the cookie being set to null.

Anyone have the low down on this?

regards,
James