Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Help!! Adding Customer-input variables

******    message to minivend-users from Ed LaFrance <edl@newmediaems.com>     ******

Gawain -

Add engraving to the UseModifier directive in your catalog.cfg:

UseModifier size color engraving

.. and reconfig the catalog. You can then add an input field to a order
form (like the one on the flypage.html) to collect the engraving info for
an item:

<input type=text name=mv_order_engraving size=30>

and whatever the user inputs into this field will be carried with the
item.  Note that you do not need a field in products.txt called
engraving.  Display their input in the basket, checkout and receipt
[item-list]'s using

[item-modifier engraving]

- Ed L.

At 07:10 PM 10/24/00 +0200, you wrote:
>******    message to minivend-users from qSYSTEMS@t-online.de (Gawain
>MacMillan)     ******
>
>Hi,
>
>Iīve a problem that has had me stumped this last week, which goes as such:
>
>A client would like the option of choosing various typefonts and a
>text-input field for engraving his products and
>having this displayed on the flypage...
>The fonts part seems relatively easy by adding an extra variable to the
>products.txt giving the choice of 1,2,3,4
>and then using
>
>[if-item-field typefont]
>  Please choose one of the following four blabla
>  <P><SMALL>Fonttypes:   [item-accessories fonttype]
>[else]
>[/else]
>

>Now how do I input the text eg. " happy birthday Mum" using either <input>
>or <textarea> and asign this variable
>to a specific item... so that Minivend carries it forth through the entire
>shopping process??
>I canīt use something like  [item-accessories engraving]  , as then it will
>allways take the variable from
>the products.txt.... Trying to get this worked out Iīve disected the
>giftnote line:
><TEXTAREA NAME=[item-code]engraving ROWS=5 COLS=72>[value
>[item-code]engraving]</TEXTAREA>
>..trying to get something to work (to no avail I might add)
>
>I know enough html to do the forms etc... I just havenīt a clue as to how to
>do it in such a way that MV
>will assign the text-input to an itemcode and retain it throughout the
>shopping process.....
>
>Can ANYONE Help????
>Thanks
>

>-
>To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
>email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
>Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 fax
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: