From: Walter J. Cheney <writers@snowcrest.net>
To: <minivend-users@minivend.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [mv] Need Popup window

<writers@snowcrest.net>     ******

> Thanks Bob: Yet I need more help. I placed the script portion in the head
of my index.html of my catalog. Then I have placed the following into the
"comment" column in my products.asc file:

> HREF="hassembly1e.html" onClick="newWindow('8269.html','Click HERE for
song titles');return false">

> As desired the "comment information" shows up on the pages with the
appropriate product but it will not open up the window.

> My file to show up in the new window is "8269.html" that has been placed
in the catalog pages directory.. same as where the index.html is located.
What is meant by hassembly1e.html?  I also tried the following:

> HREF="8269.html" onClick="newWindow('<a
href="seniors-site.com/cgi-bin/catalog40/pages/8269.html','Click HERE for
song titles');return false">

<bob@circlesquared.com>     ******

> > I found that this worked better.
> > Put this in the head :-
> > <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
> > function newWindow(file,window) {

msgWindow=open(file,window,'resizable=no,width=250,height=350','width=151,he
ight=251,directories=no,location=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolb
ar=no,resizable=no,left=50%,top=50%,screenX=0,screenY=0');

> >     if (msgWindow.opener == null) msgWindow.opener = self;
> > }
> > file://--></SCRIPT>
> >
> > and in the body :-
> > HREF="hassembly1e.html" onClick="newWindow('**YOUR URL**','**NAME FOR
YOUR WINDOW**');return false">

Majordomo@minivend.com.