Interchange Developer Resource

Re: [ic] Status of server error generating bug in rpc mode?

Quoting interch (interch@client.paymentonline.com):

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Mike Heins wrote:
>
> > Quoting interch (interch@client.paymentonline.com):
> > >
> > > My guess is that this and maybe other code snippets somehow tell IC
> > > incorrectly that
> > > backup is a valid database, and after that it gets cached somewhere and
> > > from
> > > then on IC thinks backup is a valid database, which would explain why once
> > > I trigger this it then happens constantly no matter where I am in the
> > > admin until I restart, since it seems there are a
> > > couple of places at least where when doing an open or close on a database,
> > > IC  opens or closes all known databases, and hits this invalid database
> > > that causes the error?
> > >

> > My guess is there is a dbconf/*/backup.dbm file but no backup.txt file
> > in products. Try creating a products/backup.txt with:
>

> The problem appears to be that when you reference a database, this time in
> a loop tag using fi=db, that table gets added to the list of databases IC
> thinks is valid.  dummy_database loops through all of those, and dies when
> it runs into one that isn't defined.  The only place I have found the
> offending code so far is in lib/UI/pages/admin/template_edit.html in the
> code I posted in the last message.  Just go in and change fi=backup to
> fi=someothername, then go to content->template edit, edit a template, and
> save it.  You should get the error at that point, and then after that
> click on admin and you will see someothername listed as an IC table..
>
> If not running in pre fork mode this doesn't happen.  From here I am
> pretty lost, not knowing the internals of IC I'm not really sure where to
> start looking next without spending a lot of time.

Thank you!! This allows me to duplicate the problem and it will be
fixed straightaway.

the easy workaround is to add the backup database in catalog_before.cfg:

Database  backup  backup.txt          %%
Database  backup  PRELOAD             lib/UI/backup.txt
Database  backup  PRELOAD_EMPTY_ONLY  1
Database  backup  HIDE_EDIT           1

Then put this file in lib/UI/backup.txt:

code
%%
page_name
%%
mod_time
%%
page_text

That should solve the problem in the short term. Now that I know where
to look I can solve the long-term problem. (At first look, it appears
Tie::ShadowHash is not working like I think it should.)

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector