Interchange Developer Resource

[ic] Auto-export and UI

Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Joachim Leidinger (jojo@blackpoint.de):
> > Hi list,
> >
> > are there a way to set "Auto-export" on or off per default, if the
> > UI-user set it to on or off?
> > If the user is very very fast and change a lot of items in a very short
> > time, userdb.db files get a wrong size (less than normal) sometimes and
> > all items has no price (0.00) suddenly. What is the cause?
> >
> > Any tips, helps and suggestions are very welcomes!
> >

> Biggest tip -- move your userdb to SQL. Any busy system should
> not be using GDBM for userdb unless it is never, never, edited
> in the UI.

Very very big thanks!
Reading this email carefully...I see an error in my previous email. I
did not mean the file userdb.db. I mean the file products.db, which has
gotten the wrong size suddenly, if the UI-User is very fast and edit a
lot of items in a very short time. I apologize for the mistake in my
previous email. Sorry! [jojo with the red head]

Question:
If a system is busy, which files has to move to the SQL server? Or is
that the results of an IDE HD? Is it better to use a SCSI HD, which has
a better IO-perfomance?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]

Search for: Sort by: