New template for Interchange
Posted on 20-Aug-2015 by Josh Lavin
An update to the previously announced Strap template for Interchange has been released, using modern HTML5 + CSS, along with a host of other improvements.
Strap uses the latest version of the popular Bootstrap Framework, which provides easy mobile-friendly (responsive) design, and allows for customization of the look and feel.
The features of Strap include SEO-friendly category and "more" pages, better gift certificate support, checkout pages that have been revamped with usability in mind, and general catalog cleanup, among others.
We intend for the Strap template to replace the existing Standard template, so that Strap is the default catalog distributed with Interchange.
Please get in touch if you have any suggestions or notice any issues. Thank you!
2015 Perl Dancer Conference
Posted on 18-Aug-2015 by Sam Batschelet
Tickets are now on sale for the 2015 Perl Dancer Conference which is being held in Vienna, Austria October 19th - 22nd at the Hotel Schani Wien.
Please note that the number of tickets is limited, especially for the two training days on 19th and 20th October. So we recommend to purchase a ticket as soon as possible, or at least contact the organization team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sawyer X is going to do a one day Dancer training:
You can also submit a presentation proposal here:
Also to show off the progress with the project the conference site http://perl.dance is powered by Interchange 6. Feel free to check out the code on github https://github.com/interchange/Perl-Dancer-Conference.
Don't miss the conference, we get people there from three continents and we are going to repeat the fun we had last year. We are happy to answer any questions or hear out your suggestions for the conference. email@example.com, or write to the interchange-users mailing list.
See you in Vienna!
Core team changes
Posted on 13-Oct-2014 by Jon Jensen
Today the Interchange Development Group core team is pleased to announce three new members: Peter Mottram, Richard Templet, and Sam Batschelet. All three of them have been involved in the community for some time now, and have shown a genuine commitment to Interchange's future. Welcome!
We are also retiring from the core team Mark Lipscombe and Ton Verhagen, and thank them for their past contributions.
We are grateful for everyone's friendly mutual support which has made the Interchange community endure so well.
Perl::Dancer Conference 2014
Posted on 22-Aug-2014 by Jon Jensen
Building on the success of last year's Ecommerce Innovations conference, another conference is being held this year from October 6-9 at West Branch Resort in Hancock, New York. The focus has been broadened to include Modern Perl, Dancer, and DBIx::Class, in addition to Interchange.
Again there will be Interchange core developers speaking, including most of the Interchange 6 development team. We're also pleased to announce that Sawyer X, one of the most prolific Dancer core developers and an excellent presenter, will be speaking and teaching training classes.
The call for papers is still open, and ends on September 11. We still have room for more attendees, speakers, trainers, and sponsors.
We hope to see you there!
- 2015-08-20: New template for Interchange
- 2015-08-18: 2015 Perl Dancer Conference
- 2014-10-13: Core team changes
- 2014-08-22: Perl::Dancer Conference 2014
- 2014-07-07: Interchange 5.8.2 stable release
- 2014-07-02: Interchange6::Cart Hackathon on 14 July 2014
- 2014-06-25: Perusion developers release two new Bootstrap based templates for use with Interchange
- 2014-03-13: Interchange 5.8.1 stable release
- 2014-02-26: Interchange 6 Hackathon
- 2013-10-30: Ecommerce Innovation conference report
- 2013-07-19: Interchange 5.8.0 stable release
- 2013-03-18: eCommerce Innovations 2013 Conference
- 2013-02-13: Extensive Hall of Fame updates
- 2012-12-28: Josh Lavin joins Interchange core team
- 2011-06-12: Interchange 5.7.7 development release
- 2011-04-14: IRC Meeting Report
- 2011-03-28: Interchange IRC Meeting: April 14, 2011
- 2010-03-24: Interchange security releases: 5.7.6, 5.6.3, 5.4.5
- 2010-02-23: Interchange 5.7.5 development release
- 2009-12-09: Interchange 5.7.4 development release
- 2009-11-05: Interchange 5.7.3 development release
- 2009-09-17: Interchange security releases: 5.7.2, 5.6.2, 5.4.4
- 2009-08-23: Next Interchange community meeting
- 2009-08-13: David Christensen joins core team
- 2009-08-12: Payflow Pro legacy API retirement on September 1
- 2009-05-25: Interchange source code migrated to Git
- 2009-05-19: LinuxTag 2009
- 2009-05-13: Experimental UTF-8 branch
- 2008-12-05: JT Justman joins the Interchange core team
- 2008-11-13: Interchange 5.4.3, 5.6.1, 5.7.1 released
- 2008-06-01: Back from LinuxTag
- 2008-05-21: Interchange 5.6.0 released
- 2008-05-17: Interchange 5.5.3 development released
- 2008-05-08: Interchange at LinuxTag 2008!
- 2008-04-29: Interchange 5.5.2 development release available
- 2007-08-21: Interchange 5.5.1 development release available
- 2007-08-08: Bug Squashing Party
- 2007-06-18: New Debian Packages (5.4.2-3)
- 2007-06-13: Debian Packages for Etch
- 2007-04-05: Interchange goes to Linuxtag!
- 2007-02-27: Ron Phipps joins the Interchange core team
- 2007-02-07: Interchange 5.4.2 released
- 2006-08-28: New Developers pajamian and thunder
- 2006-05-26: Interchange 5.4.1 released
- 2006-03-28: Improved search system on www.icdevgroup.org
- 2006-03-27: [/page] and [/order] macros
- 2006-03-25: XMLDOCS documentation
- 2006-01-31: Development tree notice
- 2005-12-31: Interchange 5.4 release
- 2005-12-12: Interchange 5.3.3 developer release
- 2005-12-12: New ICDEVGROUP website
- 2005-11-23: Interchange 5.3.2 beta release available
- 2005-10-18: Interchange 5.4 (stable) release schedule