Payflow Pro legacy API retirement on September 1
Posted on 12-Aug-2009 by Jon Jensen
This is an important note for anyone using the legacy Payflow Pro API for payments. This was formerly owned by Signio, then Verisign, and now is owned by PayPal, but is distinct from their classic PayPal system which is not related.
On September 1, 2009, the old Payflow Pro API will be shut off and any attempt to take payments or do anything else via that API will fail. This affects all applications using the old API, not just Interchange.
If you're using the "signio" payment module in Interchange, you should switch to the new "payflowpro" module as soon as possible. You can see the latest version of the Vend::Payment::PayflowPro module in our Git repository and then click on the "raw" link at the top to download it without any extraneous markup.
If you need assistance in making the switch, use our Community Resources page to talk with Interchange developers via mailing list or chat, or see the Professional Support page to find developers for hire who can take care of it for you.
Most merchants and developers were alerted long ago by PayPal or via other sources, but we wanted to get the word out one last time since only 19 days remain to make the change.
- 2013-03-18: eCommerce Innovations 2013 Conference
- 2013-02-13: Extensive Hall of Fame updates
- 2012-12-28: Josh Lavin joins Interchange core team
- 2011-06-12: Interchange 5.7.7 development release
- 2011-04-14: IRC Meeting Report
- 2011-03-28: Interchange IRC Meeting: April 14, 2011
- 2010-03-24: Interchange security releases: 5.7.6, 5.6.3, 5.4.5
- 2010-02-23: Interchange 5.7.5 development release
- 2009-12-09: Interchange 5.7.4 development release
- 2009-11-05: Interchange 5.7.3 development release
- 2009-09-17: Interchange security releases: 5.7.2, 5.6.2, 5.4.4
- 2009-08-23: Next Interchange community meeting
- 2009-08-13: David Christensen joins core team
- 2009-08-12: Payflow Pro legacy API retirement on September 1
- 2009-05-25: Interchange source code migrated to Git
- 2009-05-19: LinuxTag 2009
- 2009-05-13: Experimental UTF-8 branch
- 2008-12-05: JT Justman joins the Interchange core team
- 2008-11-13: Interchange 5.4.3, 5.6.1, 5.7.1 released
- 2008-06-01: Back from LinuxTag
- 2008-05-21: Interchange 5.6.0 released
- 2008-05-17: Interchange 5.5.3 development released
- 2008-05-08: Interchange at LinuxTag 2008!
- 2008-04-29: Interchange 5.5.2 development release available
- 2007-08-21: Interchange 5.5.1 development release available
- 2007-08-08: Bug Squashing Party
- 2007-06-18: New Debian Packages (5.4.2-3)
- 2007-06-13: Debian Packages for Etch
- 2007-04-05: Interchange goes to Linuxtag!
- 2007-02-27: Ron Phipps joins the Interchange core team
- 2007-02-07: Interchange 5.4.2 released
- 2006-08-28: New Developers pajamian and thunder
- 2006-05-26: Interchange 5.4.1 released
- 2006-03-28: Improved search system on www.icdevgroup.org
- 2006-03-27: [/page] and [/order] macros
- 2006-03-25: XMLDOCS documentation
- 2006-01-31: Development tree notice
- 2005-12-31: Interchange 5.4 release
- 2005-12-12: Interchange 5.3.3 developer release
- 2005-12-12: New ICDEVGROUP website
- 2005-11-23: Interchange 5.3.2 beta release available
- 2005-10-18: Interchange 5.4 (stable) release schedule