[docs] Tag arg auto-finding question

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Wed Oct 26 18:41:45 EDT 2005

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:23:31 -0600 (MDT)
Jon Jensen <jon at endpoint.com> wrote:

> Davor,
>
> Doesn't your xmldocs code automatically dig through usertags to look for
> references to %$opt and then generate stubs for the various arguments?
> Maybe I'm imagining you put more magic there than really happened. Mike's
> recent changes to [email] (the "html" arg, for example) aren't in xmldocs,
> even as stubs.
>
> If not, that's fine -- I just wanted to check.

No, see, there is a script for such a thing, 'bin/findtagopts', but it
works in offline mode.

I used it once to generate stubs, and I supposed the initial results would be
manually monitored for changes.

The thing is that the script can't possibly catch all uses (without becoming
a philosophy in itself), because at many places you have $opt->{$name} and
$name is almost never $name = 'somename' but comes from all kinds of sources;.