[Interchange-announce] Interchange 5.4 (stable) release schedule

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Oct 18 18:49:52 EDT 2005

Interchange community,

The Interchange Development Group would like to announce the schedule we
have planned to release Interchange 5.4, the next stable version, by the
end of the year.

Starting immediately, we encourage use of the nightly builds as "alpha
releases" to see what's coming. A new build is available every day at:

http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/nightly_build/

Then some milestones leading to Interchange 5.4:

November 7:
* Feature freeze begins
* Release Interchange 5.3.2 (beta 1)
* Encourage its use for new projects (the core team has already been using
it for some time)

November 28:
* Code freeze begins - only patches for serious bugs or problems accepted
* Release Interchange 5.3.3 (beta 2)

December 12-16:
* Build and test final release packages

December 19:
* Release Interchange 5.4.0
* Make public announcements

We will appreciate any help you can lend with testing and feedback.

Thanks!

--
Jon Jensen
Interchange Development Group