[interchange-biz] Requset for bids on ic / sql-ledger integration

Jason Balicki interchange-biz@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 24 12:45:00 2002

Please note that this message is crossposted to both the ic-biz
and sql-ledger users list.

We are accepting bids on the following:

1) Integration of IC and sql ledger. (I know this is being worked on.)

2) IC interface design to make IC a point of sale application.

3) Bar code generation within sql-ledger and reading within IC.

4) Credit card verification at the IC POS terminal (or server through
the app) using CCVS or eq.

All work would (have to be :) GPL and will be released back
to the community.

The purpose:  a small hardware store is using an old Xenix
application to do general accounting and we need to get them
on to something more modern, and something that won't leave
them in the dark as this system has (the company that made the
application is gone, and the original developers have passed
away.)  I think IC could be a perfect interface for a POS system.
This system could then be used at many other retail outlets.

The customer will be accepting bids through us (we are coordinating
for them) so there may be delays out of our control.

Thanks for your time, and please reply off list.  Feel free to
contact me if you need clarification or more information.

--J(K)
Jason Balicki
Sr. Network Engineer
Alexander Systems, Inc