[interchange-biz] Re: [ic] hosting Info

VS-Host.com Admin interchange-biz@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 12 17:56:00 2002

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:interchange-biz-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Lyn St George
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [interchange-biz] Re: [ic] hosting Info
On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:22:32 -0500, Jon wrote:

>    Yes I did ask for it and this is a good start.   From a hosting
perspective
>it looks like webhostxl.com has the best rates.  Unless I'm
>overlooking something.   I wouldn't mind hearing comments on
>this from anyone and everyone.

I don't want to labour the point, but there's an old saying:
"you get what you pay for" - if your're looking for support then
you will need to pay a rate which allows the host to give it. Look
at, say, http://www.webmaint.net/hosting/, http://www.centreworld.com
or others for an idea of why higher prices are justified.

>    I need to go over the features and prices from
>echo-inc/MerchantAmerica some more though.

My gateways page: http://www.zolotek.net/zrl/zolotek/gateways
has a few comparisons, though it's currently being updated.

>Jon
-
Cheers
Lyn St George
------

Totally agree!
We too could have set up IC boxes and left them to the users abilities. But
we decided to dedicated a little more resources to security, have live
monitoring of users stores with instant support to get a users store back
online if things fail, offer user support of HTML and IC tag help and have
customized many installations to a users needs (not one store is a
Default/basic install), we often install a separate install of IC if a user
needs more than the shared stores can offer.... We also house the servers,
no co-locations or leased servers, but we do have multiple OC3 providers,
backup systems and personal support from humans who know IC... again worth a
few dollars more...

Yes, we charge a little more, but we think/live/breath Interchange for over
4 years (oh, sorry that brings back Minivend memories, as I look at the old
700 some pages of the lovely DOCs we had) :)

Cheers,

Russ Smith
http://vs-host.com