[interchange-biz] Looking for Interchange Developer

nathan@adoptionmedia.com nathan@adoptionmedia.com
Wed Feb 26 14:40:01 2003

Hello,

I'm with Adoption.com, a web-portal for people touched by adoption.  We
have an e-commerce website that we converted from SiteServer to Interchange
back in November, AdoptionShop.com.

We have some features that we would like to add, and are looking for an
experienced Interchange developer to add features such as the following:

(1) We have some orders where custom data needs to be gathered and stored
in a database where it then viewable in an admin console.  For example, we
have a service (see www.guaranteedadoptionsearch.com) where people looking
for their birthfamily enter all the information they know, then they need
to be asked to pay $79 through Interchange.  We are having a hard time
setting up Interchange to allow us to ask for custom data before asking for
a credit card.  The data they entered needs to be accessable from a web
interface.  We need to streamline this custom information for products
piece and learn how to do it, because we have several other products where
we need to gather custom information.  Another example would be the custom
adoption announcements (see www.adoptionannouncement.com) where people
select the card and the custom message in the card, along with other
information, and we then need to send that information to the printer
automatically, and also be able to see all of that information stored in a
database in case the e-mail system ever was down.

(2) We have a multi-vendor system.  Orders often contain products from
different vendors.  Each product is currently assigned a vendor, but we
need an e-mail to be sent to the vendor automatically only showing them
their products in the order.  We also need a web-based administration
feature where vendors can log in and see all of their orders and mark them
as "shipped".  We want the original credit card transaction with each
client to only authorize the credit card, and then to actually process the
card when all of the products in that order have been shipped from each
vendor.  We are manually doing this now, and need to automate the process.
We had it in our old SiteServer technology.

(3) We need to implement an affiliate program and a bulk-ordering program.
These are already a features of Interchange.

(4) We need to implent some custom financial reports on the back end.

(5) We need to automate product reviews similar to Amazon.com, with people
being able to rate reviews and rate the product.

(6) We need to add international ordering shipping information and rates.

If you are experienced in Interchange and would like to bid on doing some
projects for us, please e-mail nathan@adoptionmedia.com or call 1-800-ADOPT-
HERE.

Thanks,
Nathan