[interchange-biz] LA, CA, USA: IC person wanted

Andrew Papp ap at tritechresearch.com
Fri Nov 11 05:32:53 EST 2005

Tritech Research is a small biotech equipment company.  We invent,
design, manufacture and market equipment to help scientists who do
molecular biology and genetics research.  Here is our current situation,
and what we need help with:

Our IC-based web site has been (and is) hosted under cpanel and we
designed a fairly customized site (custom page layouts, user tags for
shipping calculations, service of static pages to speed up common
requests, and mysql databases) originally using IC 4.9.  We set up a
mirror site on a computer in our office running RedHat 7.3 so we could
develop changes before launching them live on our "real" site.

We hired an "IC-person" to update our site to IC 5.2 under Fedora Core
2.  He got some of it working but left it in a state where the admin
interface and some of our user tags, and the interface for placing
online orders, do not work right.

If you know your way around Linux and IC well enough that these issues
sound like no big deal to you,  then you are probably the right person
for us!  If you are not very expensive and would like to continue
working on developing and improving our website, all the better.
Preference will be given to people who are based in Los Angeles and who
might want a long term position with Tritech, but all candidates will be
considered.

Please check out our site at the link below, and reply to me regarding
each of the specific points I mentioned in this post and how you would
like to charge for them.

Thanks!!!!!!!
Andrew

--