[interchange-bugs] [rt.icdevgroup.org #343] Incorrect e-mail address displayed in ship notify admin screen
Gert van der Spoel via RT
interchange at rt.icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 21 10:03:56 UTC 2011
Mon Feb 21 10:03:56 2011: Request 343 was acted upon.
Transaction: Ticket created by thunder
Subject: Incorrect e-mail address displayed in ship notify admin screen
Requestors: ic-rt at 3edge.com
Ticket <URL: http://rt.icdevgroup.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=343 >
- place order on demo.icdevgroup.org
- notice order confirmation e-mail to come in
- login to the admin of the demo site
- go to 'Customers'
- pick the person who just ordered
- click 'All'
- update the 'Email Address' field to another address
- click 'Orders'
- click the pending order you just made (click on 'pending' on the right)
- change 'status' to Shipped
- in Actions area change Email to 'Yes', leave the drop down on 'ship all lines'
- click 'Update the order'
- notice the green notification line:
Order ID xxxxx settled .... . Email copy sent to EMAIL
Notice that EMAIL is the new EMAIL address set for the user.
However the e-mail confirmation you receive is sent to the OLD address the order was made with, which makes sense (you can change the e-mail address for the order as well via the admin anyway).
So I'd think the fix should be to pick the email address to show in the notification to be the one from transactions and not from userdb.
More information about the interchange-bugs