[interchange-cvs] CVS notice: activity by heins
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 19:47 -0500
CVS activity by user 'heins':
Update of /anon_cvs/repository/interchange/lib/Vend
In directory www.akopia.com:/tmp/cvs-serv26024
* This is the final (for now) round of changes to Server.pm to
fully implement pre-forking.
* Implement reset_per_fork() routine to reset things that need to
be initialized and are outside "package Vend;" and "package
CGI;". Currently, the only thing that needs to be nuked is the
DBI handle cache.
* Implement clean_up_after_fork() routine to clean up things that
should not be left in a bad state. Right now, the only thing
that needs to be done is a disconnect() on DBI connections.
* Implement process monitor to make sure our number of servers
stays within a reasonable number of StartServers.
* Add code to respawn servers, both SOAP and page, upon a catalog
reconfig or global directive change.
* Clean up non-used cruft like $Signal_Debug.
* Performance increase is looking excellent, 2x on a typical page
and up to 7x on a blank page at a moderate loading level.