[interchange-i18n] was is das?

Dave Jenkins djenkins at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 10:15:00 UTC 2001

"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" wrote:

> Dave Jenkins <djenkins at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I saw the note to Murahashi-san about this list for his
> > internationalization efforts...  I would like to help on the conversion
> > of the Admin UI to Japanese.
> >
> > 1. What is this list?
>
> This list is for any i18n issues related to Interchange.

Okay-- I signed up.

> > 2. What can I do to help?  (I speak Japanese and have Red Hat 7.1J
> > running...)
> >

> You can make the Japanese translation for the UI :-)

I'll get started as soon as I hear back from Murahashi-san.  Between the
two of us, we should get this put together.

> First, I would like to know what requirements have to met
> to get Japanese displayed. A correct character set has
> to be set in the pages, right ?

Correct.  ISO-2022-JP is the most common.
Although it will work by simply removing all of those tags, it is better
to set them to the correct code.

Can you tell me which files I need to change and/or create? (please
include paths)
I can write in Kanji in emacs, so I should have no problem...

Thanks,

Dave
--
Dave Jenkins