[interchange-i18n] gokuro-sama

Dave Jenkins djenkins at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 15:31:01 UTC 2001

murahashi at ayayu.com wrote:
> I tried translate lib/Ui/locales/ja_JP.cfg and it is working well.

[snip]

> I also changed some  buttons for Japanese and placed them interchange/ja_JP.
> NO Problem.
>
> The problem is that Japanese 2-byte/8bits character not displayed. I suppose
> UI
> encode 8bit code. For example, edit table page does not display Kanji, but
> spreadsheet
> edit page shows them well.
> I use EUC-jp, not iso-2022-JP which JIS code, 7bit code.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> There are some other issues such as currency, state, tax, email encoding,

Gokurosama Murahasi-san!
EUC-jp is probably a good idea.  Let's name that locale file
ja_JP.euc-jp just to leave room for the other Japanese encodings (if
someone develops them).

Please send me your ja_JP.cfg file and I will work with Jon (and Mike)
here to work out the remaining display issues.

Arigatou!

Dave