[interchange-i18n] Translation Problem in Login & Other Questions

Michel Matte michel.matte at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 3 14:31:01 UTC 2001

Hi:
I am translating the pages from the foundation store. I use the [L]
text [/L] method.  Can you help me with a few other questions since I am
running out of time to  figure them out and the Interchange 4.8 books
are a bit short on examples.

1- In the login.html page, I added the translation tags:

            <input type=submit value="[L login03]Log In[/L]">
            <input type="submit" NAME="mv_click"  value="[L login04]New Account[/L]">

The translation looks fine but then the New account button (Nouveau compte) doesn't work anymore after it is translated. If I add the following it works again but then the Log In branches to New Account also.
            <input type="hidden" NAME="mv_click"  value="New Account">

Do you have a solution for this problem?

2- How would you pass a language parameter from a html page to the CGI program?

3- On page 254 of the Development Guide the PageDir directive refers to a relative directory for each language. What is relative to?

4- Where do the [LC]...[/LC] translations go. I tried to put them in the page but this does not work.

Thanks,

--
Michel Matte