[interchange-i18n] locale for es_MX

Dave Jenkins djenkins at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 10:32:00 UTC 2001

"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" wrote:

> Eduardo Dominguez <edmz at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > This is based on v4.8.1
> > Can anyone tell me how to procede with the UI buttons ?
> > thanks in advance
>
> Thanks, Eduardo, I'll try it out. Is there a big difference
> to the Spanish language spoken in Spain. If so, we should
> display Mexican in the language selection.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Ciao
>         Racke

Stefan,

I used to translate websites into multiple languages, and we would
always translate a 'European Spanish' as well as a 'Latin American
Spanish'.  Some would argue there is also a 'South American Spanish' as
well.  Regardless, there are enough differences to warrant two listings
in the menu.  (Mexican Spanish is much closer to, and borrows from
American English, whereas European Spanish is more classical)

Dave

--
Dave Jenkins

djenkins at redhat.com