[interchange-i18n] Getting the Locale Right

Stefan Hornburg Racke racke at linuxia.de
Tue Oct 30 02:58:01 UTC 2001

Michel Matte <michel.matte at sympatico.ca> writes:

> I'm having problems getting the Locale right.  I put all translations in
> a Here document in the catalog.cfg file:
> Locale fr_CA  << EOF
> #Welcome to
> "about01"
> "Bienvenue chez",
> etc
> EOF

In this example a comma is missing after "about 01".

> I was getting all texts  in [L]..[/L] tags translated to French but
> suddenly it stopped working.   But the [LC] ..[/LC] tags which didn't
> work before are working now.

Hm, they should work in anycase.

> 1- What is causing this? Can't see what else I changed.
> 2- I try to change the locale using
> [setlocale locale=fr_CA]
> [setlocale fr_CA]

This is right. Probably better is
[setlocale locale=fr_CA persist=1].

I don't know if it's documented, but the last Locale setting
in catalog.cfg defines the default Locale for the catalog.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices