[interchange-i18n] French Version of Interchange

Stefan Hornburg Racke racke at linuxia.de
Tue Sep 25 03:50:01 UTC 2001

Michel Matte <michel at sympatico.ca> writes:

> Is there a French version available?  I am building a bilingual site in
> Canada with French and English.

Not that I know of. How the foundation catalog has to be i18n is not
yet decided. And for the UI French speaking volunteers aren't there.

> P.S. I think different directories and pages for each language would be
> easier to maintain because the size of each directory would be more
> manageable and orderly.  Also I like  the [LC]...[/LC]  pragma pair
> because it is clean and appropriate for multilinlgual cases.

Different directories and pages for each language is IMHO not a good
idea. If you have a bug in your pages, you need to fix it always in
two places. The same goes for improvements.

For a limited number of languages [LC] might be a fine idea.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices