[interchange-i18n] multiple language database?

Gerald Holzmeister office at wdcom.at
Thu Apr 11 23:11:02 UTC 2002

Hallo,
i know this is a frequently discussed topic, but i can't understand these
solutions. My problem is to set up the database and ic for four different
languages.
First way i've tried - just for german)
Add the table "products_de" in the database "foundation" with the same
columns like table "products". In my catalog.cfg i've entered

Locale  de_DE  ProductFiles  products_de products

and i get alwas an "internal server error" and following message in the
error.log:

[12/April/2002:04:05:54 +0200] foundation /cgi-bin/foundation/index.html
Runtime error: products_de not a database, cannot use as products file

and i don't understand this because i'm an absolute newbie with IC.
Can anyone help me?

thx Gerald