[interchange-i18n] multiple language database?

Joachim Leidinger jojo at blackpoint.de
Fri Apr 12 05:22:59 UTC 2002

"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" wrote:

> Gerald Holzmeister <office at wdcom.at> writes:
>
> > Hallo,
> > i know this is a frequently discussed topic, but i can't understand these
> > solutions. My problem is to set up the database and ic for four different
> > languages.
> > First way i've tried - just for german)
> > Add the table "products_de" in the database "foundation" with the same
> > columns like table "products". In my catalog.cfg i've entered
> >
> > Locale  de_DE  ProductFiles  products_de products
> >
> > and i get alwas an "internal server error" and following message in the
> > error.log:
> >
> > [12/April/2002:04:05:54 +0200] foundation /cgi-bin/foundation/index.html
> > Runtime error: products_de not a database, cannot use as products file
> >
> > and i don't understand this because i'm an absolute newbie with IC.
> > Can anyone help me?
>
> You have to explicitly define every database (= text file or SQL table)
> in catalog.cfg, e.g.
>
> Database products_de products_de.txt TAB
>
> The syntax for SQL is different.

Must I explicit define each database *in* catalog.cfg?
If you have

# Default DBM if nothing else defined
ifndef SOME_DATABASE
include dbconf/default_db/default_db.cfg
endif

in your catalog.cfg and

Message -i -n Using default DBM database...

include dbconf/default_db/*.dbm

in your default_db.cfg, you can create a new file like products_de.dbm
with

Database            products     products_de.txt      TAB

in that file. Or not?

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger at bpanet.de]