[interchange-i18n] Help, please

Michel Matte michel.matte at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 9 15:59:01 UTC 2002

Francisco Sánchez wrote:

> Well, I have found myself a solution:
>
> First, since I have the locale.txt database, it seems that this should have
> been placed there, not in the catalog.cfg

You can place translations in locale.txt or in a separate file: yourlocale.cfg (
i. e. es_ES.cfg) in yourcat/config.  This file can then be included in your
catalog.cfg with include statement or incorporated as a Here document.but the
locale.txt setting take precedence over individual locale files.

> Anyway I have tried the PageDir key and it seems to be cleaner (a separate
> directory for each language).  This has worked.

It is easier to start but not to maintain.  Using locale.cfg (one for each
translation ) files is more manageable but you have to set tags [L text_no] [/l]
inside the pages and [msg text_no]  [/msg] inside templates.