[interchange-i18n] Help, please

Stefan Hornburg Racke racke at linuxia.de
Mon Feb 11 05:58:00 UTC 2002

Francisco Sánchez <lists at e-civitas.com> writes:

[...]

> For the ImageDir, create a line like this in locale.txt:
>
> ImageDir  /shop/images/de/ /shop/images/fr/ /shop/images/es/
> /shop/images/it/ /shop/images/pt/

Or, alternatively you can do in catalog.cfg:

Locale de_DE ImageDir /shop/images/de/
Locale fr_FR ImageDir /shop/images/fr/

> Or course you should have defined each locale at the beginning of the file:
>
> code en_US de_DE fr_FR es_ES it_IT pt_PT
>
> For the PageDir, in case you decide to use it, line I added was:
>
> PageDir  de fr es it pt
>
> Being de fr es it and pt directories created within the shop directory
> (/var/lib/interchange/catalogs/shop/) where a copy of the default html set
> would be placed.
>
> For the tags to be used, in templates you must use [msg]word to be
> translated[/msg] and [L]word to be translated[/L] in html pages.

Use [L] except if the text to be translated is dynamically due to
performance reasons.

> When you
> create tha locale.cfg for each locale (es_ES.cfg, fr_FR.cfg, etc...), an
> entry like this would have to appear in each locale file to have the pages
> translated when using the correct locale:
>
> Locale es_ES <<EOF
> {
>
> "Word to be translated",
> "Palabra traducida",
> }
> EOF
> This would make the effect of showing (if you use es_ES locale) "Palabra
> traducida" instead of "Word to be translated" in every occurrence where
> "Word to be translated" shows normally.  And so on....
>
> I am busy now with the pages, templates and components translations into
> Spanish, but when I finish, will face a new problem: how to set the item
> description for each locale?  Well, when I get there, I will see the options
> available...

Locale es_ES DescriptionField description_es

should work.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices