[interchange-i18n] Help, please

Francisco Sánchez lists at e-civitas.com
Mon Feb 11 08:18:01 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <racke at linuxia.de>
To: <interchange-i18n at interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, 11 February, 2002 11:59
Subject: Re: [interchange-i18n] Help, please

> Or, alternatively you can do in catalog.cfg:
>
> Locale de_DE ImageDir /shop/images/de/
> Locale fr_FR ImageDir /shop/images/fr/

Ok, Stefan, I have set the following in my catalog.cfg:

# Last locale specified is the default.
Locale          es_ES LC_CTYPE C
LocaleDatabase  locale
Locale es_ES ImageDir   /shop/images/es/
include config/es_ES.cfg

However, when I enter the shop from /shop.ic it still looks for images in
the default image directory (/shop/images/), not in the one stated for
locale es_ES.  When using /shop.ic/process/locale/es_ES/page/index.html it
works fine.

I guess that declaring a locale as default in the catalog.cfg file does not
mean that all defaults for that locale, as stated in locale.txt or
catalog.cfg itself, will be applied.  It still looks for the "main" defaults
used in catalog.cfg.

> Use [L] except if the text to be translated is dynamically due to
> performance reasons.

Well, I have done so, but for components and templates (leftright, leftonly,
etc.) it does not work.  The tags show in the resulting page as part of the
text.  However the [msg] tag does work.  For the html pages [L] is Ok.

> Locale es_ES DescriptionField description_es
>
> should work.

I was thinkink of something like this, and also a comment_es for each item,
but probably, instead of comment_es it could be used the [L] tag and
translate comments in the locale.cfg file.  What is the most used and
easiest solution for this?  Also, how do you make the description_es show in
the admin pages?

Best regards,

Francisco