[interchange-i18n] Passing locale parameters from HTML

Dog Tags dogtags at doglover.com
Wed Feb 13 16:52:00 UTC 2002

Hi Michel

Sure. That would be great if you could make your translations available.

Actually, I was hoping that you might also be able to point me in the right direction for how to get started with setting up a multi-language site.

I want to allow my customers to select their language of choice and also their currency of choice. So, for example, someone could select French as the language and the British Pound as the currency.

I've read the Internationalization sections in the Template manual, but I still don't quite understand what you have to add to the code to get this to work.

What's important is that:

1. I want each language to have its own db for the navigation and other standard words.

2. I would like each language to have its own mysql table for the product descrips, options, etc.

I might have up to six languages fully translated throughout the site.

Many thanks for any help.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a