[interchange-i18n] Product database

Francisco Sánchez lists at e-civitas.com
Thu Feb 14 20:30:01 UTC 2002

> > No way.  I have search documentation and there is nothing like
CommentField.
> > I can only think of using [item-[L]field comment[/L]] in flypage.html.
>
> A nicer way of doing this is sth. like this below, but the above method is
> the fastest one.
>
> UserTag language-field Order base field code
> UserTag language-field Routine <<EOF
> sub {
> my ($base, $field, $code) = @_;
> my $data;
> my $locale = $Scratch->{mv_locale};
>
> if ($locale) {
> $data = $Tag->data($base,"${field}_$locale",$code);
> return $data if $data =~ /\S/;
> }
> $Tag->data($base,$field,$code);
> }
> EOF
>
> [language-field products comment [item-code]]

Thanks again Stefan for the good advice.

I have come to a new problem that might be solved with something like this:

DescriptionField is good, but only applies to the [item description] tag.

Now, for some parts of the shop, the item description is retrieved by
[item-data products description].  Of course it ignores DescriptionFiled.  I
have devised to fix this with something like [L][item-data products
description][/L], and creating [item-data products description_es] in
es_ES.cfg.  Now, this works for html templantes, but is useless for
components, where the [L] tag does not work.  I have tried there [msg] and
[loc], but to no avail, since those tags are parsed after [item-data
products description], NOT before, as it happens with [L].

Is it any known elegant solution for this, other than creating a list of
translations for descriptions in the es_ES.cfg file?

Hopefully it is, and someone will know it....

Best regards,

Francisco

[item-data products description]