[interchange-i18n] Product database

Francisco Sánchez lists at e-civitas.com
Sun Feb 17 14:45:00 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <racke at linuxia.de>
To: <interchange-i18n at interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, 15 February, 2002 19:29
Subject: Re: [interchange-i18n] Product database

> > Now, for some parts of the shop, the item description is retrieved by
> > [item-data products description].  Of course it ignores
DescriptionFiled.  I
> > have devised to fix this with something like [L][item-data products
> > description][/L], and creating [item-data products description_es] in
> > es_ES.cfg.  Now, this works for html templantes, but is useless for
> > components, where the [L] tag does not work.  I have tried there [msg]
and
> > [loc], but to no avail, since those tags are parsed after [item-data
> > products description], NOT before, as it happens with [L].
>
> In this case the following should work:
>
> [language-field base=products field=description code="[item-data products
sku]"]

Dear Stefan, I am afrad that in this case it does not work, unless I am
doing it wrong (which on the other hand is quite possible).

I have just tried, as with the [language-field products comment [item-code]]
tag,

UserTag language-field Order base field code
UserTag language-field Routine <<EOF
sub {
my ($base, $field, $code) = @_;
my $data;
my $locale = $Scratch->{mv_locale};

if ($locale) {
$data = $Tag->data($base,"${field}_$locale",$code);
return $data if $data =~ /\S/;
}
$Tag->data($base,$field,$code);
}
EOF

and then used this tag instead: [language-field products description
[item-data products sku]], replacing the original [item-data products
description].

The result is that the tag itself is shown in the resulting html page,
instead of the item description.

Also, which is the best advised method to localise the category_vertical
components.  I am doing it with the [loc] tag, however, I understand it can
be done too with the [msg] tag.  Which one is recommended?

Best regards,

Francisco

PS.  I think that I will have finished the translation into Spanish this
week.  Of course it is a customised translation, but in case anyone is
interested, I will send or post the es_ES.cfg, removing the most customised
sections, but still leaving a good deal of translations.