[interchange-i18n] Re: Chinese locale

Mike Heins mheins at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 00:26:01 UTC 2002

Quoting Vincen Ker (vincen at lycos.com.cn):
> Hi Mike,
>          I¡¯ve translated the admin UI into a Chinese locale (in GB2312,
> cn_GB.cfg and images).
>          I am willing to share it in Interchange community. I am not
> sure whether it is appropriate
> to send the package to you.
>          Please reply. Thanks!

Hi Vincent,

We would love to have this. I am sending it to interchange-i18n at ic.redhat.com,
which is the Interchange Internationalization mail list.

If you can tar or zip up the files, you can send them to the list (and copy\
me). Jon Jensen of Red Hat has been doing some work on a Chinese localization,
but has not done any work on the UI that I know of.

As you probably know, there are some issues with proper handling of
localized data in the UI. We are working on addressing these, and your
localization will give us another data point there.

Thanks! We look forward to working with you.

Regards,
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins at redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman