[interchange-i18n] JOBS: Yahoo! International Product/Program Manager - Japan
andym at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Aug 27 22:32:20 UTC 2003
Company: Yahoo Inc.
Position Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Job Title: International Product Manager - Japan
In this newly created role, will play a pivotal role in defining and
launching our key products and services for Yahoo! Japan and in serving as
the primary liaison between Yahoo! Inc and Yahoo! Japan marketing,
production, and engineering functions.
* Effectively communicate feature/functionality and system-wide
requirements (platform, compatibility, human factors/usability, performance,
integration, reliability, globalization, third party, upgrade and migration,
packaging, installation and obsolescence) through mrd's, prd's, launch
checklist and issue resolution.
* Formulate a credible business case, strategy and roadmap for new
products and services through preparation of marketing requirements
documents to be presented to Product Council.
* Resolve Yahoo! Japan's key product requirement issues in a timely
and effective manner and help make feature and time to market tradeoffs.
* Coordinate and monitor translation, quality assurance, and release
criteria, communication status and escalate key risks and issues to
* Contribute in the development of a clear and compelling business
case and product strategy.
* Work closely with US and international marketing and production to
develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of US and international
business, product and marketing best practices including operations,
corporate marketing, consumer insights, direct marketing, Premium Services
Infrastructure (PSI) and Media & Data Services (MDS) tools.
* Institute an efficient and effective system that enables timely
two-way sharing of product information and best practices between Yahoo! Inc
and Yahoo! Japan.
* Leverage your in-depth consumer insight and work closely and
proactively with production, business development, engineering and other
cross-functional counterparts to define the product vision and roadmap.
* Minimum 5 -10+ years in product development and management
experience with technical/software related products and services (B2B, B2C).
* Strong technical background around product development (at least
have a working knowledge of HTML, C++, Java, SQL, and experience with
databases, understanding of client/server technology).
* P/L responsibility with either service or software industry, with
ability to work with a cross functional groups to develop mrd's, prd's and
product launch requirements. Manage product against revenue and cost
* International product management experience required - assignments
in Japan or Japan-related responsibilities with a US based role.
* Familiar with all aspects of localization and globalization,
including experience with all technical L10N and I18N issues.
* Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and
have previous project management experience with strong organizational,
interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Demonstrated success in the management of database-driven, consumer
focused, information applications is expected.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly understand global market changes,
and their strategic implications, business, product and marketing
implications for Yahoo!
* College degree in a relevant technical discipline is required; a MBA
preferred (or a significant, equivalent and relevant internet and/or product
management experience); Japanese language proficiency required
Please send your resume to: andym at yahoo-inc.com
Email Subject: SRCTM/ 2515
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the interchange-i18n