[interchange-i18n] french translation of interchange

Michel Matte michel.matte at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 9 01:45:09 UTC 2003

Hi Ridha,

I am sending you my translations.  They are not complete because I did
not need to translate everything at the time. I will send you the
buttons separately.

You can also get all the text to translate from CVS.  I will do so
myself once I figure how to do it.  I am available to work on the French
translation now that I have finished another project.

Note that html tags such as <B> or <BR> must be reproduced whithout
change in the translation because these are executed after Interchange tags.

There is an error in my previous message on how to incorporate the
translation into catalog.cfg. Sorry, I haven't touched this since 2001.
If you create a separate file for translation you must store it in the
config directory under /var/lib/interchange and reference it in
catalog.cfg with for example:
   Locale fr_FR  <  fr_FR.cfg
This also sets the default locale to fr_FR if it is the last locale
directive.

To pass locale to your index page,  replace index.html in the link with

   [page process/locale/fr_FR/page/index]

Hope this helps,
Michel