[interchange-i18n] Dynamic Locale Directive Changes

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Tue Mar 4 07:36:00 UTC 2003

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:55:45 -0800
Kirill Sapelkin <znanie at rawbw.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am trying to change the DescriptionField to title.  I added:
>
> Locale ru_RU  DescriptionField title
> [LC]
> [ru_RU]
> [/LC]
> to the pages/results.html but it still prints the (default)
> description field.

That ain't going to work. You really added the Locale line to pages/results.html ?
To change the locale within a page, try the [setlocale] tag.

> We would like to have a bilingual interchange homepage and would
> like results.html to select either description or title depending on whether we
> picked english (going through index.html) or russian (going through
> inderu.html) conditionally.  Also perhaps create another field in
> products like comments only in russian and have that also selected
> instead of regular comments field if we picked russian.

Use setlocale with persist=1 to change the locale in the user's session.

> Is There a CommentsField directive?

No. With Interchange 4.8, you need to use a workaround for that.
Interchange 4.9 provides the shadow database, which would help you
there.

Bye
       Racke