[interchange-i18n] Locale Directive in 4.9.x

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Mon Mar 17 05:09:00 UTC 2003

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:27:36 -0800
Kirill Sapelkin <znanie at rawbw.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With the Locale Directives and the products/locale.txt (and the Shadow
> Database scheme, that I haven't looked at yet) it seems, in 4.9,
> possible to have a multi-lingual page without resorting to another
> whole website or even a second set of html pages.
>
> Is it possible to use different specs.txt files depending on which
> locale is picked?  Can this be done by specifying a different file or
> a diffent products directory?

You can use the Shadow database for that. Either you add columns for
another language and this catalog configuration snippet:

Database specs MAP header de_DE header_de_DE

or use a different database file:

Database specs_de_DE specs_de_DE.txt TAB
Database specs MAP header de_DE specs_de_DE:header

> I see in Interchange I18N Features: 1.5 Dynamic Locale Directive
> Changes that there are PageDir and ImageDir, is there perhaps
> something like ProductsDir or SpecsFile?

No.

Bye
       Racke