RES: [interchange-i18n] Re: [ic] Brazilian portuguese version of foundation and IC

Stefan Hornburg racke at linuxia.de
Fri May 23 16:45:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003 13:00:51 -0300
"Luiz Carlos Maciel Junior" <lmacieljr at adv.oabsp.org.br> wrote:

> > On Fri, 23 May 2003 12:13:02 -0300
> > "Luiz Carlos Maciel Junior" <lmacieljr at adv.oabsp.org.br> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > I am working with IC from more than 4 years and now I am working
> > > with nightly-build IC to make a pt_BR version of foundation.
> >
> > That are really good news.
> >

> > > I am currently working on dist/foundation/products/locale.txt,
> > > adding a new column with a Brazilian portuguese version of
> > > foundation, like some guy made it with admin UI few years ago.
> > >
> > > I just want to know if there is another file that i should keep
> > > tracking to do a full job on IC messages, if i can send the files
> > > to you when it is done and how can i send it to you.
> >
> > It would be nice if you can do translations of the database files
> > (like dist/foundation/templates/sampledata/products/*de_DE*).
> >
> > Just send the translated files as attachements to racke at linuxia.de.
> >
> > Please use the interchange-i18n mailinglist for further discussion.
> >
> > Ciao
> > 	Racke
> >

> > --
> > LinuXia Systems => http://www.linuxia.de/
> > Expert Interchange Consulting and System Administration
> > ICDEVGROUP => http://www.icdevgroup.org/
> > Interchange Development Team

> Hi Racke,
>
> Sorry for sending the message in wrong list. It's the mechanical habit
> of sending messages to users list. Sorry again.
>
> I'll make the pt_BR versions of the files you wrote above and send it
> all to you in a few days.

That would be nice.

> Just another question: in earlier versions of IC (4.8.x) it was very
> hard to find some error messages that IC generate. Will all error
> messages be handled by external txt files or some of that will remain
> inside IC code?

Most of the error messages are wrapped into a errmsg() call. This
allows the translation via locale.txt. If someone stumbles on a
string which cannot be translated, please notify me.

> I really like to do translations of all IC to pt_BR is it possible?

The UI translation was made by Jack Tsai <jack at 3light.com.br>. Can
you please contact him and ask if he is still interested in this task.
I would prefer to have a language maintainer for both foundation
and UI.

Bye
	Racke

Interchange Development Team