[interchange-i18n] Encoding decoding of non latin-1 language - Hebrew - Solved

Chen Naor chen at lilux.co.il
Tue Nov 18 20:02:24 UTC 2003

Hello,

After a lot of work I finally solved the problem of decode & encode of the high characters
language in IC.

Actually the problem is not in Interchange itself but in Perl-html-parser. To be more accurate
it is in the HTML:Entities.

I had to patch the lib in order to solve the problem.

I checked it with Hebrew and it work fine, I do not know for other languages but it seems OK
(checked a bit Japanese).

Note: the patch is disabling some of the Html:Entities functionality.

If someone need the patch please contact me here.

The patch was done on HTML-Parser-3.33

Perl 5.6.1

RH  7.3

IC 4.9.8 & IC 4.9.9