[interchange-i18n] encoding decoding low characters IC4.8.0 - newpost

murahashi at ayayu.com murahashi at ayayu.com
Thu Sep 18 06:14:06 UTC 2003

Hi, Chen Naor,

I'm a user of IC with localization like you.
I thank you very much for your localization patch for IC 4.8.
All my actual IC sites are based on IC 4.8 or former.

I tried to install IC4.9.8 with perl5.6 and test it. Config with ja_JP.cfg
and a patch on Util.pm.
I see there is still problems. I think the problems are same as Chen. Some
botton and alter field are broken.
I can edit general text fields in UI, in Japanese and frontend site is
working.

I'm sorry for no any idea but I have the same issue.

If you have any qustion, please let me know.

Murahashi

> Hi,
>
> I posted in the past on the problem IC have in decoding / encoding of
characters that are not
> ISO-8859/1 (Latin-1?).
> The problem is that some part of the UI (buttons and select fields) and
some part in the store
> (variants options) are not decoded to the right character set - it is
shown in ISO-8859/1.

> Well I found the blame, it is the HTML::Entities.
>
> According to the docs:
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl/site/lib/HTML/Entities.
html