[ic] MySQL Hell

Scott Goodman scott@searchbc.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:11:28 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having one heck of a time getting interchange to read data from my
mysql database. I started with the stock "barry" demo, which seemed to
work.  I then emptied the products table and loaded it up with my own
data. My problem is that IC seems wants to read the data out of
products.txt no matter what I do. I want nothing to do with the
products.txt file as I manage the data from a different application. I
tried removing products.txt and removing everything but the first row in
products.txt. I've restarted IC. I've fiddled with the *.nysql files. Am
I missing something here? Are the ascii text files somehow integral to
how IC works?

I'd love some help on this!

Thanks
Scott